More than a book review, treat this as a “summary” of the first few pages of the book.
“Bitch (noun): A woman who won’t bang her head against the wall obsessing over someone else’s opinion – be it a man or anyone else in her life. She understands that if someone does not approve of her, it’s just one person’s opinion; therefore, it’s of no real importance. She doesn’t try to live up to anyone else’s standards – only her own. Because of this, she relates to a man very differently.” (c) Sherry Argov
Here are few of the numerous characteristics of what men like in bitches:
- She maintains her independence.
- Men hate when women are too clingy; they suffocate.
- She is not needy; he starts to need her.
- She does NOT pursue him.
- Don’t make him the center of your world.
- Don’t change because of him; maintain who you are throughout the relationship.
- This shows that you have a character.
- She is mysterious.
- Be honest but you don’t reveal everything.
- Familiarity breeds contempt.
- Predictability breeds boredom.
- She leaves him wanting.
- Men think that longing is equivalent to love.
- Don’t always meet up with him especially if it is not convenient.
- Men like to chase.
- She doesn’t let him see her sweat.
- When upset, take your time and calm yourself first.
- Men hate naggers and you wouldn’t like to regret saying bad things.
- Clear your head before you convey what you feel.
- She remains in control of her time.
- Take it slowly especially when he wants to hurry.
- Don’t make him think that he has 100% control over you.
- Have control over yourself.
- She maintains a sense of humor.
- A sense of humor lets him know that she is detached.
- Again, this will show that you have your own character.
- Even with this, respect must still remain.
- She places a high value on herself.
- When given a compliment, say thank you; don’t talk him out of it.
- Do NOT fish for compliments.
- Don’t compare yourself to other women in front of them – especially to their ex-girlfriends.
- She is passionate about something other than him.
- Again, don’t make them the center of your world.
- She treats her body like a finely tuned machine.
- She maintains her appearance and health.
- Self-respect is reflected in how she maintains her physical appearance.
- Others opinions doesn’t matter as long as what she does makes her feel good.
Since I just started reading the book, this is all I have so far.
This book made me think about my past relationship(s) and made me realize how much I have compromised just to please someone else.
In just a short time, I have realized a lot and have learned a lot as well.
What do you think about the points mentioned above?
And now I’m back to Manila!
Back to reality.
Back to controlled eating schedules.
And supposedly, back to exercising.
Why and where did I go?
Check two of the posts before this post to find out!
During the past two days, I was succumbed to binge eating.
Now that I am off my short getaway mode self, I am not doing much and I can control my eating schedule.
Luckily, I didn’t feel hungry throughout the day.
I ate breakfast as soon as I wake up and had oatmeal two hours after even though I didn’t feel hungry.
Because when I’m hungry, I eat a lot.
Since I ate oatmeal, it is only now (8PM) that I feel like eating again.
So here I am eating my dinner slowly while typing.
I know a lot of people, especially moms, hate it when their children do something else while eating but I have to.
I eat fast and that is one of the reasons why I don’t feel full right away.
It is best to eat slowly because you’ll give your stomach the time to process the food and for your brain to register that you are already full.
During the past days I was really into getting in shape.
I am not blaming the getaway for not being able to exercise!
It is just that I wasn’t able to last night because I was really really tired and today, it slipped my mind.
Exercise was supposed to be before bath and before dinner but before I remembered, I already took a bath.
I promise to exercise tomorrow though!
need want to get in shape for myself.