I woke up by the beach.
It was an experience I will never forget!
You can read the whole story of how that happened here.
Though I slept past 4 in the morning, I woke up at around 6 in the morning.
Yes, my sleep was that short but it honestly didn’t feel like it!
It felt as if I had slept for 8 hours.
As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw the clouds.
I’m not sure if I have written it here before but I really love the clouds.
I love taking pictures of it during airplane rides which is why I always want to seat next to the window.
That is also the reason why I don’t take a nap right away or I don’t take a nap at all especially during short flights.
I grab the opportunity to admire them while in the airplane.
The morning breeze was perfect.
Everything was perfect when I opened my eyes.
The nephews of my brother in law were playing while swimming.
I was impressed because I know it was impossible for the sea water not to be ice cold at that time.
And because they were guys, they were topless.
Imagine how cold they’ll feel!
I chatted with my eldest sister who was also awake at that time.
After an hour or so, I decided to get some more sleep.
My sleep only lasted for less than an hour.
But then again, it didn’t feel like it.
We headed back to their house to wash up and prepare for the burial hours later.
After washing up, we ate and chilled for a while.
We were at the back when the elders were singing and praying for the deceased.
Then, we headed to the town church and heard mass.
Afterwards, we went to the cemetery and the burial took place.
R.I.P Tatay. Watch over us!
Tatay is similar to father/dad.
We call my brother in law’s dad, Tatay.
It was a last minute plan when my sister and I decided to come with my eldest sister and her family to Batangas.
It was really not just a simple getaway.
The real reason why we went there is because we were going to attend the wake and burial of my eldest sister’s husband’s father.
We call him “Tatay” which also means father/dad.
Yes, we are not blood related but we still call him tatay.
Aside from him being like a father to all, as an individual, he is genuinely kind..not only to the people he knows well but also to random people and the people he just met.
His kindness and intelligence has long been an inspiration to many and because of that, I’m pretty sure that he will never be forgotten.
He has made his mark into people’s hearts.
It was almost around 9 in the evening when my eldest sister’s family fetched us at home.
Our mom had sandwiches and other snacks packed for our 3-hour trip to Lobo, Batangas.
During the whole trip, everyone got their little dose of sleep.
I kept talking to my brother in law who is driving because I know he’s tired and really lacked sleep these past few days.
He actually said that he only had 3 hours of sleep in 2 days!
As we arrived at the wake, I realized that it was a familiar place.
Then it hit me.
It was beside their house which I have visited before.
I’m not sure if it was here already when I last visited this place around 5 years ago.
It was a small chapel.
They had it built inside their very spacious lot which houses a lot of homes – homes of their relatives.
Stories were exchanged and while we were there.
Then we decided to play cards.
It has been a habit and somewhat like a tradition here in the Philippines that when there is a wake, there are really groups of people who play cards or Mahjong.
They don’t necessarily gamble but usually, the elders do.
In Tatay’s wake, it was a bit different.
Though the elders were playing Mahjong, I didn’t really see if there was money involved.
On the other table were a little younger set compared to the elders who were playing cards.
Beside them were benches who were sat on by teens and some of their parents.
I’m not sure what they were playing but their punishment was to have something written on their face by the use of coal!
They were really having fun while playing.
I don’t know what is in the wakes I go to but usually, when I go to a distant relative or a relative’s wake, the people there are usually not the silent types.
Yes, they mourn but they won’t let it stop them from being happy.
We have this way of thinking that the deceased person would want his/her burial to be happy and not see his/her loved ones sad.
My table on the other hand is composed of both my sisters and my sister’s boyfriend.
At first, we were really just playing with no bets.
That was before we thought of a great plan.
We got the snacks that we brought for the trip and got a few and divided it equally among us.
You got that right!
We used food as our bets.
To cut the chase, I ended up with the most food.
But I didn’t eat everything since I was so full.
At around 4 AM (yes, we didn’t sleep till that time), we decided to walk to the beach since we planned to sleep there.
The walk lasted for around 7 minutes because it was dark so we slowly walked.
When we reached the beach, it was cold but warm at the same time.
I don’t know how to explain it but the wind felt nice.
We brought our own sheets and spread it out above the sand.
The nephews of my brother in law got some wood and made a bonfire.
It was a fun experience!!
P.S Sleeping by the beach is on my bucket list… and now, I can tick it off :>
Also, having a bonfire is on my list..another one I can tick of!
You can see my not-so-finished bucket list here.
That is it for now.
Yesterday (January 4) made it official, I turned twenTEEN.
I know I should’ve foreseen that I wouldn’t be able to post something yesterday because of a gazillion errands that had to be run and that I should’ve drafted something the day before but..
Oh well, what can I still do right?
And because of that, I’ll be posting two for today!
YAY! (full of sarcasm)
But hey, words are free flowing from my mind right now so why not take advantage right?
How I celebrated my birthday will be a bit detailed on my next post but for now, I’ll enumerate the things I want to give my 21 year old self next year .(as promised!)
I honestly haven’t filtered/revised the things I’ve listed but I’m still going to post them anyway.
P.S. PLEASE DON’T LAUGH.
Here it goes..
- a beach body – I’m serious!! I already miss my former self. The one who effortlessly doesn’t gain much and is always a swim-bikini ready person! Not the drool kind of ready but still..you get me right?
- a getaway withOUT relatives – I know, I know. Nothing beats family but I really really want to experience this! It’s like a big step into coming out of my comfort zone. It need not be for at least two days or something..almost a day can be considered!
- ATM with at least Php *0,000 – The ” * ” was really placed there. No typographical error. I can save a lot. The problem is that I can only save when I have something I need or want to save up for. I can’t just save for the sake of saving. It is something I should fix for myself and for my future also. I will start monitoring my finances well.
- new phone – Just because my phone is slowly giving up on me already. You know what they say..”slowly but surely”. I think that is what my phone is doing right now. HAHAHA!
- new sets of undergarments (okay I hope no guy reads this. lol. just kidding) – I want to feel a new
womanlady. I don’t know..I think even if those pieces of clothing are literally under your garments, it can give you that little push you need. Think self-confidence.
- “me” day at least every other month – because I want time to think and de-stress and just enjoy being me. Time to appreciate my life and the things and people around me. 🙂
- fixed sleep cycle – Yes, fixeD. Meaning I’ve already done it. I know some people might think that it is still early to think about ageing and all but I wouldn’t wanna risk my skin and appearance just to find out if an unfixed sleep cycle is really not a good idea.
- bikini picture – This has been long overdue. Actually, my best friend and I wanted to do this a few years back but for some reason, we weren’t able to do it. Last week, I had an opportunity to take one because I was at Boracay but I didn’t. Why? Because I don’t think I still can. I want it to be taken when I feel like I won’t be ashamed if someone (but me) will see it.
- belly piercing – This can be done anytime but then again, I would like to get it done when I actually have the guts to have others see it as well.
- friends I would want to be friends with till I grow old – Sounds cheesy eh? Unlike other people who treat their acquaintances (which they refer to as friends) as collections, I need not have plenty of friends. What I want are those friends who I know will be there with me no matter what happens. And of course, I will do the same for them.
That is what I have listed so far.
What do you think? 🙂
P.s I didn’t proof read. Sorry for the errors.